ISO 27001 Information Security Management
ISO 27001 Information Security and data protection brings supreme importance to data for organizations globally. Business who are safeguarding both their client and company data against potential threats. By integrating a robust information security management system your organization can ensure that the quality, safety, service and product reliability of your organization has been safeguarded to the highest level.
ISO 27001 is the international standard which is recognized globally for managing risks to the security of information you hold. Certification to ISO 27001 permits you to prove to your clients and other stakeholders that you are managing the security of information in your possession. ISO 27001:2013 (the current version of ISO 27001) provides a set of standardized requirements for an information security management system (ISMS). The standard adopts a process approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining, and improving your ISMS
ISO 27001 is an international standard published by the International Standardization Organization (ISO), and it describes how to manage information security in a company. The latest revision of this standard was published in 2013, and its full title is now ISO/IEC 27001:2013. The first revision of the standard was published in 2005, and it was developed based on the British standard BS 7799-2.
ISO 27001 can be implemented in any kind of organization, profit or non-profit, private or state-owned, small or large. It was written by the world’s best specialists in the field of information security and delivers methodology for the implementation of information security management in an organization. It also enables companies to become certified, which means that an self-governing certification body has confirmed that an organization has implemented information security compliant with ISO 27001.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification
- Provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Keeps confidential information secure
- Permits for secure exchange of information
- Supports you to comply with other regulations
- Allows you to ensure you are meeting your legal obligations
- Deliver you with a competitive advantage
- Manages and minimizes risk exposure
- Greater customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Builds a culture of security