ISO 10002:2004 Quality Management
This International Standard provides guidance for the design and achievement of an efficient and capable complaints-handling procedure for all types of commercial or non-commercial activities, including those connected to electronic commerce. It is intended to benefit an organization and its clients, complainants and other interested parties.
ISO 10002:2004 - Quality management. Client satisfaction. Guidelines for complaints handling in organizations
You can turn unhappy clients into positive business opportunities with efficient complaints management. Fulfilled clients are your best ambassadors. An unhappy customer will tell friends and colleagues about their experiences, harmful your status and often you know nothing about it. Implementing a complaints handling procedure using ISO 10002 will help you turn unhappy clients into satisfied ones and use their input to progress the experience of future customers.
This International Standard addresses the following aspects of complaints handling:
- Resolve complaints received
- Top management involvement and commitment
- Reviewing the efficiency and effectiveness of the procedure of handling complaints
- Improve client satisfaction
- Recognizing and addressing the requirements and expectations of complainants
- Auditing of the complaints handling procedure
- Analyzing and evaluating complaints to progress the quality of the product / service quality
Benefits of ISO 10002:2004
- Customer Confidence - By accept the management system; ability to retain the loyalty of clients is improved. Clients feel confident of commitment for the resolution & redressed of any of their query or complaints.
- Improved Efficiency - Implementation and certification ensures a consistent procedure to handle clients, which allow recognizing causes and eliminating the causes of complaints, as well as get better organization’s operations.
- Better Relationship - System supports to adopt a customer-focused approach to handle analysis and review complaints and encourage personnel to get better their skills & behavior in working with clients.
- Continual improvement - It gives a basis for constant development and analysis of complaints-handling procedure, redressed of complaints with developments to be made.
- Transparent System - Provide complainants with an open, effective and easy-to-use complaints procedure.
- Auditable System - Complaint management system is auditable, thus auditing of the complaints-handling procedure gives accuracy of the system compliance.
- Synchronization - It is developed as guidance for an organization's complaints handling procedure. It can be used alone or in conjunction with ISO 9001- Quality Management System of Organization.
- Management System - This is a management system; so, all ingredients of management system are inherited in the complaint management system compliant to ISO 10002:2004, reviewing the efficiency and effectiveness of the complaints-handling procedure.
- Customer Satisfaction - Improve client satisfaction by creating a client focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints, and enhancing the organization's ability to get better its product and client service;
- Management Focus - Management commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;
- Brand Improvement - Certified complaint management system demonstrates to clients & other stakeholders that recognizing and addressing the wants and expectation of complainants, you have procedures in place to handle, analyze and review complaints to get better the product and client service quality.
- Credibility - Efficient complaint Management system supports to make sure defined responsibilities & procedures to handle & review complaints are in place.