OHSAS 18001 Certification
The OHSAS 18001 standard (may also be mistakenly referred to as ISO 18001) is internationally accepted as a method of assessing and auditing occupational health and safety management systems. Developed by leading trade and international standards bodies, it provides a framework for organizations to instigate proper and effective management of health & safety in the workplace.
By having a clearly defined management system in place to identify and control health and safety risks, organizations are able to minimize risks to their workforce and visitors or external contractors on their premises. The standard will enable organizations to put in place procedures for constantly reviewing and refining occupational health and safety.
Key areas that will be assessed by OHSAS certification
- Management systems in place
- Planning and risk assessment
- Staff training and consciousness
- Communication of safety management systems
- Response to emergency situations
- Observing and continual enhancement
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Progress efficiency and consequently reduction accident and production time loss
- Increase control and reduction of hazards through the setting of objectives, goals and evolved responsibility
- Demonstrate legal compliance
- Increase reputation for protection and occupational health
- Is an integral part of a sustainability strategy?
- Increase your safety culture
- Decrease insurance premiums
- Inspire more effective internal and communication