ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 Certification
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 promotes the adoption of an integrated procedure approach to efficiently deliver managed services to meet business and client necessities. For an organization to function efficiently it has to recognize and manage numerous linked activities. Co-ordinate integration and implementation of the service management processes gives the ongoing control, greater effectiveness and opportunities for constant development.
The implementation of ISO/IEC 20000 will make sure proactive working practices capable to deliver high levels of client service to meet their business requirements. ISO/IEC 20000:2005, which is issued in two parts under the general title, Information technology - Service management, will allow service providers to understand how to improve the quality of service delivered to their customers, both internal and external.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 is the formal Specification and defines the needs for an organization to deliver managed services of a satisfactory quality for its clients. The scope includes:
- Needs for a management system
- Planning and implementing service management
- Planning and implementing new or changed services
- Service delivery process
- Relationship processes
- Resolution processes
- Control processes
- Release processes
Benefits of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005
- Suppliers and partners will become more integrated and service focused
- Better position between business objectives and IT, reducing risks and improving communication between business areas.
- ISO 20000 certification standards have demonstrate the necessities of organization which upholding a reliable IT service and infrastructure.
- It gives more opportunities to develop the effectiveness, reliability and consistency of IT services impacting costs and service.
- It create loyalty image to business in providing quality IT service to clients.
- Constant development built into the procedures which enlarge the effectiveness and productivity.
- It creates competitive edge to business.