Greenguard Indoor Air Quality Certification
The GREENGUARD Certification Program (formerly known as GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification) gives assurance that products designed for use in indoor spaces meet harsh element emissions limits, which supply to the creation of healthier interiors. Achieving GREENGUARD Certification gives credence to manufacturers’ sustainability claims, backing them with experiential scientific data from an unbiased, third-party organization.
The GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI) has established performance-based standards to identify products and procedures with low chemical and particle emissions for make use of indoors. The standards are primarily for building materials, interior furnishings, furniture, cleaning and protection products, electronic tools and personal care products. The standard establishes certification procedures including test methods, permissible emissions levels, product example collection and handling, testing type and frequency as well as program application procedures and acceptance.
Indoor air quality is a important concern, because when the hours spent sleeping, working in offices or at school are added up, people on average spend the vast majority of their time indoors where they are frequently exposed to indoor air pollutants. In fact, the US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) approximation that the average person receives 72 percent of their chemical revelation at home, which means the very places most people consider safest paradoxically exposes them to the greatest amounts of potentially hazardous pollutants.
Benefits of Greenguard Indoor Air Quality Certification
- Good for the Environment. By passing the Institute’s stringent chemical emission tests and conforming to strict standards, Canplast's Greenguard certification guarantee professionals and homeowners alike that Canplast Edgebanding will not add damaging contaminants to their indoor air.
- Good for Canplast. Canplast is a proud recipient of the valued Greenguard Indoor Air Quality Certification from The Greenguard Environmental Institute.
- Good for Building. Canplast's Greenguard-certified low-emission growing makes for a healthier environment: commercial, residential, hospitality or healthcare. Products certified by the GEI help to significantly decrease indoor air pollution.
- Good for Everyone. The Greenguard Certification Program encourages clean indoor air by given that an online guides to systematically test low emission products. That’s good for building and design professionals and of course, good for consumers. Because present products that support get better public health and quality of life, care, and maintenance is for the good of all.
- Good for Furniture. Canplast's Edgebanding can be used as a product on Greenguard-certified office furniture to obtain a LEED-CI credit for Low Emitting Office Furniture (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Rating System for Commercial Interiors). What’s a new, no additional expense or special ordering is necessary to benefit from our green-friendly Edgebanding.