GMP certification is decided to manufacturing or service systems of organizations to certify that they engage with good manufacturing practices in their manufacturing or service procedures, according to a Standard Code of Practice related to their business.
GMP covers all aspects of production from the starting materials, premises and tools to the training and personal hygiene of staff. Detailed, written procedures are necessary for each procedure that could affect the quality of the finished product. There must be systems to give documented proof that accurate procedures are consistently followed at each step in the manufacturing process - every time a product is made.
GMP Certification confirms the products identity, composition, quality, purity and strength which they stand for in the market. Under it, there is a set of guidelines that offer a system of processes and documentation by which the verification of the products are given.
Compliance with GMP necessities entails minimum common sense clean and processing necessities applicable to all food processing establishments. Many food industry companies have implemented the GMP certification scheme for food processing as the foundation upon which they have developed and apply other quality and food safety management systems, including HACCP, ISO 22000, SQF and ISO 9001.
Benefits of GMP
- Offers a competitive advantage in the market
- Enlarges your company’s credibility and integrity
- Creates immediate eligibility to enter products into our product certification program
- Enhances confidence in the preparedness of your facility for FDA inspection
- Reduces the time and cost of testing and product certification if your company is using a GMP registered contract manufacturer