CE Marking Certification
CE Marking is also known as CE mark. CE marking certification is a compulsory to export products to Europe. With the CE marking on a product the manufacturer makes sure that the product is in conformity with the necessary requirements of the applicable EC directives. The letters "CE" stand for "Conformité Européenne" ("European Conformity").
Often the CE marking is described as a trade passport because it enables the free movement of products within the European market. According to EU legislation, the EU Member States are not allowable to restrict the placing on the market of CE marked products, unless such measures can be justified on the basis of proof of the non-compliance of the product. CE marking does not point to that a product was made in the European Union. The CE mark also is not a quality mark.
CE marking agrees to you to legally market and distribute your product within the European Market, and declares that your product complies with all applicable European Directives and Regulations.
Benefits of CE Marking Certification
- Comprehensive risk assessment - gets better your design procedure
- The product becomes safer and visually more appealing
- Many other countries have signed Mutually Recognition Agreement with EU making CE a international mark demanded by importers worldwide.
- Getting a Third Party Test Report against International Standards give you and your client assurance of product quality.
- If all harmonized standards are applied, the product becomes SAFE and BETTER in QUALITY.
- The Instruction for Use becomes more user-friendly.
- Your Product gets access to European Economic Area (27 countries).