Six Sigma Certification
Six Sigma is a methodology for pursuing continuous improvement in customer satisfaction and profit. It is a management philosophy attempting to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Six Sigma provides Software development services to organizations to meet their business needs and improvising their business using new age technologies and tools to build cutting-edge applications.
All Six Sigma processes are executed by Six Sigma White Belts, Six Sigma Yellow Belts, Six Sigma Green Belts or Six Sigma Black Belts, which are then overseen by a Six Sigma Master Black Belt -- terms created by Motorola. Yellow, green and black belt exams are designed to measure a person's knowledge of topics contained Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge.
Features of Six Sigma
- Six Sigma follows a structured methodology, and has defined roles for the participants.
- Six Sigma is about putting results on Financial Statements.
- Six Sigma's aim is to eliminate waste and ineffectiveness, thereby growing client satisfaction by delivering what the customer is expecting.
- Six Sigma is a data driven methodology, and needs exact data collection for the processes being analyzed.
- Six Sigma is a business-driven, multi-dimensional structured approach for:
- Improving Processes
- Lowering Defects
- Reducing process variability
- Reducing costs
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Increased profits
Benefits of Six Sigma
- Generates sustained success
- Promotes learning and cross-pollination
- Sets a performance goal for everyone
- Executes strategic modify
- Improve value to clients
- Accelerates the rate of improvement